Monday, April 23, 2012

She's Never Forgotten.

I developed quite the fragile heart over the loss of your mother. It melts when I see a picture of her. I remember all those talks we'd have together about her. I remember how much I tried encouraging you to love her no matter what. I remember listening to you when you felt so upset or hurt over something she'd say. I remember the voices you'd give her and the stories you'd tell. Because I knew that no matter what, even if it was sometimes deep down inside, you loved her an incredible amount. With that, I was able to see a part of you that opened my eyes about your very own heart.

You once mentioned you placed me quite close to where you had your mom. I couldn't ever compare to how special she was to you, but I felt honored to be just slightly close. By that I know you meant that you care for us in a similar way, and you hid things for similar reasons. But either way, I knew that you didn't always show the love so well, but you indeed cared for me just as you cared for her. Somehow, along the line, I grew a great respect and love for your mother. Enough to break my heart, even to this day, of her loss. I cannot explain it, as I know she wasn't a mom to me, but it oddly feels like it sometimes. I guess I placed myself so deep into your shoes that I cry for you, as her son.

I know a huge part of your return in my life was because of her. And although it is the most unfortunate reason, I'm just glad I was able to love you yet again during such a heartbreaking time. Somehow, in the end, your mom brought us back together. But I honestly would do anything to bring her back too. I would switch places with her in a heartbeat for you and your family. But I know God had a perfect will and He desired to take her home. I sincerely hope I'll get to properly meet her once again someday.

As my heart goes out to her, I hope you never hold it in. I hope you know that my ears are wide open to you. I hope you know that I will never close the door on you if you ever want to talk about her. I will never get tired of hearing about her. Never, and I promise you that. She had a huge purpose in this world, and in your life. She was specifically chosen to be your mother for all the right reasons. And she loved you enough that she would die for you. She even told me so. I shall never forget the words she wrote to me, and how she found it remarkable that I cared for you.

I'll always remember your mom as the woman who was so lucky to have you for 21 years and was capable of believing in miracles until the very end. Despite her circumstances. That, to me, is a life well lived. Maybe you've yet to discover the purpose that you have too. ♥

No comments: