Monday, November 26, 2012

It's a Promise.

Dearest Future Husband,

If I could tell you absolutely anything right now, I would tell you that I am still waiting for you. I haven't stopped. I got distracted, but I haven't stopped. I'm much too picky to give in to just anyone, but I know you'll have the strength to break the walls I build. I've been struggling a terrible amount trying to live this life without you around. I finally feel like I've looked away from such distractions and now I simply see that imaginary face of yours. It's a sad place to be back at, but it's better than mistaking you once again.

I just imagine us being exactly what we dream to be, and laughing over everything possible because we'd be so happy. With this mass amount of waiting that I've done, you're worth every day of it. I cannot comprehend why it is that I cannot know you. All I crave is just that simple hug and being your best friend. I can only imagine what I wish you to be, but I accept you'll be better.

I'm going to be traveling the world, but my biggest wish now is that you'll get to eventually join along. I miss you in ways I cannot explain. All the glimpses I've received of you, from what I believe, have been fantastic but the one thing I've yet to see is the love you will have. I've met people with traits I only dream you might have, but each of them lacked the companionship I'd need. I cannot say I know what is taking this so long, but I am here, and I am waiting.

I'm more than ready to love you unconditionally, to never leave your side, and to help you all the days of your life. I'm more than ready to surprise you with just-because gifts and write you songs you'll not forget. Whatever it is that I lack that is causing a delay in our meet, I simply pray God points it out and builds it inside of me as soon as possible. I've remained completely single for 22 years in high hopes that you'd be my first. And I still hope for that. If I shut my eyes from the male species, promise not to give up on me when I have a difficult time recognizing you. I've been hurt quite a bit in my past by unrequited feelings. But I understand they happened because they were not you.

Please, I ask you. Please do not give up on me. I desire to love you and I am afraid to mistake you again. But I'm waiting just for you. I promise you that.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Ann
Your Future Wife
♥♥

No comments: