Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Dear Future Husband.


Dear Future Husband,

Well, it's me again. Still completely unsure of who you are, where you are. To be honest, I thought God was being pretty obvious with you. Now, it's just me and God again. My prayers are not as intense as they are when heartbreak hits. I just fade away and become "okay" again.

By the way, my heart was broken again. Probably the deepest stab this time. But, as usual, I got through it. I think of you though. I think of you as even more beautiful than I thought before. I know exactly how I will love you and I don't expect you to be perfect. I'm writing this because you are going to be the one person in my life who will be allowed to know everything. You'll know my simple secrets as well as my deep and dark secrets.

I finally know how close we'll be able to be because I now understand what it's like to be in a relationship. I know for a fact that I will be the greatest person you'll get to know. Not because I'm being prideful right now, but because I know that's why you'll choose me. I will be that one person who stands by your side when no one else is. I will be that one person who sees your flaws and works with them. I will love you on your good days and your bad days.

I thought you were here. I thought we'd have a great story. But, I guess I was wrong. And therefore I am back to square one. Not knowing which pair of eyes I'll be staring into at the altar and not knowing which pair of arms will be holding me when I'm sad. But I still know you will be my favorite. And that you will be the best.

No matter who God made you to be. You'll be my husband for a special reason. And I won't have to find you.

I hope our paths cross over and over and over again.

Love,
Stephanie Ann

No comments: