Thursday, March 25, 2010

What We Have.

I've pondered on what we have, from the very deep roots to the many branches. Hidden from the world, I cried at the thought of losing it. I am attached enough that it is no wonder I could not let go when I tried. I allowed each tear to fall for each thought I held. I felt them turn from warm to cold as I sit there in that dark closet. It is too special to dismiss and often I feel like I never look hard enough at what we've created. But this time I did.

What we have is a unique friendship, and yet the word friendship does not describe it well enough. I have become weak because I've discovered all my strength. I was stronger than I thought I was and I knew that when I used it all up. If we can still smile during an argument, it serves a purpose. Can you picture the first month of our friendship? I never realize how long ago it was until I take the time to remember.

One of the most special things to share with you is my passion for the piano. For the longest time I wondered if I'd find someone to play along with. Someone who appreciated my playing and gave me motivation to keep going. You found me when I almost lost that passion. For months I spent hardly any time playing. Somewhere along the line we got used to playing side by side. And honestly, it's the most precious thing I hold on to with you. To take that away from me would hurt greatly. I refuse to imagine letting it go. Only that would require holding onto you for the rest of my life.

I cried because you've become the exact person I failed to imagine long before. All the things I wanted turned into all the things I did not need. And all the things I needed I found just by knowing you. I know we have problems, I know our feelings clash. I know we see things differently, I know I'm in this alone. But a part of me has this intense hope that you'll realize what we have. Picture life without me. If you like it, have it. But if you don't, I'll be waiting here just to love you all the days of my life.

That's a promise.

No comments: