Saturday, June 25, 2011

Yet.

I cannot explain what I saw in those eyes, but they didn't go dull. They had so many unsaid feelings inside of them. I smiled like I normally did and it came naturally. I thought if I let you go that day, I'd have that memory of us to hold onto. But you were so you in such a different light. You were like a protection that almost broke away from me, but I was still comforted. For either one last time, or a lifetime. I couldn't put my finger on it, I couldn't understand what was happening. I just knew exactly what I had in front of me and would not have the heart to throw that away.

I was shaking upon your arrival, nervous because I was about to show you how much you matter. Upon receiving your gifts, you seemed satisfied. But it was your almost speechlessness that confirmed I broke into your heart. What seemed bad timing was the most perfect timing, but I had nothing to do with the arrangement. It was as if God was up there telling us to take one more look at what we had with each other. That if you walk away, you'll still matter the intense amount that you do to me. Because here, I'll be willing to give you all that I have. And without you, I'll set it aside, protected in the very safe place that I like to call my heart.

Perhaps it was all meant to be that we took the journey that we did. Everything fell easily into place and when I followed you, I knew exactly where I was going. We passed so many places that we planted memories at, and I knew that no matter what, there'd always be something there to remind me of you. But as our time ended, we forgot one thing. To say goodbye. But when I looked back at you as I walked off, it wasn't a goodbye to me.

And you haven't lost me yet.

No comments: