Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's Okay to Cry.

Who would have thought this would make me want to cry so much? Just the other night I'm missing the past, where you and I would blast "Always Something There to Remind Me" in your green truck down the country roads. Today I find out something I didn't even expect to read. Thoughts in my head are fighting me to find out how you are holding up--if you are. Should I cut this silence with love once again with an intervention? All those months that I cried for you were because I wanted you to experience true happiness--yet I still couldn't help but wish I'd be part of the reason.

It's okay to cry, if you are. I know I will be. All the secrets you shared with me, about your thoughts on the certain people you cared deeply for. Even if you had a hard time showing it, you did show to me. I did see it. You were so affected that you could very well deny it and I wouldn't believe you. I knew you had a soft heart underneath the cold and hard surface that developed over hurtful years. I'd do anything... ANYTHING to see you right now.

But I don't know what anything is.

No comments: