Saturday, September 10, 2011

Importance of You.

I may not understand how we got to where we are, but I most definitely understand how important you always were and are. Our past has the most fondest memories my mind could possibly contain. You loved me well from the beginning by merely paying attention to me. You went out of your way to deliver gifts when I settled to live without them. I remember three specific times, must I remind you?

On a school night you came in pajamas and a blanket after my house got robbed. You brought over a small room heater as a gift you had for me, but it was given on perfect timing after all. I felt so thankful that I had you there.

Another night I craved water and didn't want the tap, but as you suggested I drink it anyway, I did. I fell asleep while you were working late and woke early in the morning, checking my cell phone to see if you sent a message. You did, and you informed me I needed to check outside the front door. Out there I found a little brown bag and brought it to my room quietly. Opening it I found the perfect set of items to cure my water cravings and sickness. I cried with an overwhelmed feeling of joy. Someone cared for me.

Last but not least, I specifically remember the day I was sick without NyQuil, and before you headed to work, you bought me pills and dropped them off. I would never have expected that from a friend, nor would I imagine anyone else suggested to get me it. But you did. Somehow, some way, you were always more than a friend. You went a little further than the others, and paid a little bit more attention to the small things.

If you ask me, those memories are enough to wait for you to come back to me.

No comments: