Sunday, January 30, 2011

All Along.

I had the mindset that I was beginning to understand in enough detail my purpose. I suppose I did understand enough, but then pieces I didn't know were missing fell gently into place. It snatched all speech out of my mouth and inevitably I cried the much delayed tears. I knew not what was being set out before me years ago, but today I've come to acknowledge in what I find a miracle. I was so unaware of what I walked into, but set so perfectly in place. Just on time God teaches me to use His love and I try hard to change my old ways. In the process of doing so, I find the most exquisite human being that changed my world. It was put so heavily inside my heart to set out to bring this person so sky high, that I was willing to risk my heart. And I have.

A miracle later, I am crying. Looking back at the past that I've paid not much attention to at times, and seeing what God was really doing. I was set to do a task that I couldn't understand until the story was half written. I was transformed and I've come to almost fully grasp the power of God's love. That despite my circumstances, He's working in the most wonderful way. He's teaching me how to love someone...no matter what.

It's always worth the risk of your own heart. To put it on the line and just love. To forget about your own situation and look at someone else's. To be the enticing difference. To be able to see what I see in this particular person was from the very set of eyes God gave me. Suddenly my problems don't matter. I want to love someone who needed it long before I knew. And I can only wish to make up for the lack. Somehow, little is much. Somehow.

No comments: