Monday, October 17, 2011

Meant.

When our paths crossed, we started a journey we had no idea we were to travel in. It contained the highest of highs and lowest of lows. There were moments when I was so scared of you, and moments when you were the only person I could talk to. But throughout the entire friendship, I always knew that somehow you were special. You were someone made to be in my life and I was going to know you longer than I could have guessed upon our meeting. I believed this even more as I grew to admire this about you. And soon enough, you were placed preciously inside my heart to stay.

When I first met you, our personalities were in for a surprise! But as weeks went by, I began to truly appreciate you. And one day I made the best choice I could--to treat you with kindness. After that I grew to care for you. And four and a half years later, after our roller-coaster ride of a friendship, I still get nervous to see you. You're still like that celebrity to me, and I'm in awe of knowing you. Everything changes with you around. And if you leave the room, I am practically lost.

What is it about you? It's always as if there's this giant arrow pointing down at you. In a huge crowd, you could be all I see. And very often I believe that God himself is pointing you out to me. So can't you see? I'm not walking away from someone so purposely placed in my life. You always came back before. I'm convinced you're not meant to be out of my life.

No comments: