Saturday, August 14, 2010

Glance.

Oh dear eyes, why ever must you avert to your desired destination? I'm in complete control of you, yet you too often glance against my knowing. I’ve come to realize these fleeting looks you like giving though. It’s not that I’m angry over such actions, for my subconscious reasons explain why. Perhaps you’re yearning yet again for what is my fault. I’ve placed a beautiful treasure inside of my locked up heart and you know exactly where that key is. You desire to have it unlocked, free and open with happiness and joy. I completely apologize that I cannot tend to your needs as I wish I could.

You know what your target is, I can tell. It’s almost like a magnetic force has found its way to your grasp. I look away and you begin seeking, searching, screaming. It’s as if it’s your oxygen to set your gaze on that objective. But I’m never sure how much I can handle. You make me feel weak, for I cannot hold you back. Your vision is set, although I know I have no choice but to try and keep up with you.

I’m at a loss of words that I cannot comfort you when you stare long and hard at what tugs my heart. You flood yourself during this gaze and I take control to shut it all out. But see, I cannot shut it out, for it becomes strong inside my mind. Your waters are being poured out upon me and I cannot help you. My heart still beats, but I’m not quite sure how. I know you’ll still glance; you’ll still ponder that existence you love. But if for just a glimpse, may the floods break the dam I never meant to build.

No comments: