Monday, August 1, 2011

Reflection of Absence.

You have hibernated yourself nicely inside my head. It's all I seem to know you by now. You sleep on clouds of memories and soar through skies of dreams. Sometimes we meet in my scattered mind of sleepily thoughts. When I wake, you vanish immediately and reality places you right back inside my head as I walk the real world. I much prefer my dreaming state, but I'll continue on nonetheless.

You're like an imagination of mine now. Someone I made up, spending countless hours of my week rehearsing our lines back and forth with your invisible self. At one point in my life, I wondered if you existed the way I imagined. Now I imagine the way you have already existed. It's just as beautiful if not better. And as you wander this earth with cold empty spaces between your fingers, I simply pray you find what you were looking for. Because as my eyes reflect the space of your absence, I'll know I did find what I had subconsciously looked for. Just that knowledge to know you came along when I least expected it will hold me over until I die.

All the places we once set foot at look so distant, holding the fondest memories I've ever created. It's like an entire different world right before my eyes as I smile remembering how wonderful that world was. It contained more laughter than grief, more smiles than frowns, and more love than hate. You gave to me more than I deserved, and you took less than you needed. You warmed my heart from the cold of winter and blew strength upon my tears. You brought me up when I hit rock bottom and taught me to believe in myself. You praised me for my accomplishments no matter how many failures I've had.

Without you I have learned finally who you really are. I now fully know what I had in front of me. And maybe...just maybe you can see me clearly. Who I was and who I became required the very existence of yourself to enter into my life to change me into who I was meant to be. I'll always miss you as long as you're gone for the lucid fact that I still love you. ♥

No comments: