Saturday, October 31, 2009

Moving On.

The thought came to me that we are only required to move on when we have something to move on to. I do not believe God asks us to move on from something unless He has set forth the next stepping stone for us to take. Perhaps there are times when the world screams for us to move on because we've doubted the place we stood. But if there is nothing to move on to, then that's possibly not what God wants you to do. We continue the walk, the journey, and embrace all the moments surrounding us. To purposely walk away as an act of doubt will lead us nowhere special.

I think that there are people and things that are meant to come and go. Just as much as there are people and things that are meant to stay. We know when we've found exactly what we needed and we hold onto it. It's the very thing that gives us hope. To know that we are not required to suffer but to endure; to learn and grow. For some situations we move on, and for others we fight. But unless God provided another stepping stool, our call is on the one He already has us on.

I can repeatedly cry out, "Why, God? Why me?" I can spend the time crying in my pillow, absolutely confused with my circumstances. But there is always one thing I remember... He has given us exactly what we needed to grow stronger. He has provided us the strength. In fact, He holds us through the storms, and helps us fight our battles. If we're going through a tough fight...it's because He knew we were strong enough. I may be weak, but He's strong enough for me.

God has showed me how strong I am through Him. He has proven to me that I am capable of being a warrior. I could honestly say I would have never thought I could handle what I handle today. And this I smile upon. To realize how utterly amazing God is to bring me through the many storms and still put a smile on my face. I still experience pure joy and happiness. I still gain excitement. I still have the urge to love in the most troubled times.

If you're not meant to be somewhere, God will provide a way for you to move toward. In constant prayer, you can be sure of where that is. Because the moment you step away from God, you walk in darkness with nothing to light your way. But in lightness, you can be sure of where you are and where you're going. Reach out to the one He's calling you for and provide unconditional love. Only when He guides you another way shall you move on. If there is one thing that we all secretly crave within, it's to know someone will never give up on us.

Fight the battle until it's over. Because rejoicing in the end makes the whole fight worth it.

2 comments:

Sheik-Chan said...

Sometimes we can' see what He has next for us until we move on. It takes more faith to move on when you see nothing to move onto, than when you see and know there's something more.

:)

Stephanie Ann said...

That's more toward letting go and letting God.
I was learning toward the whole not doubting things and giving up sort of moving on.

We may not know what the next step is, but by faith we take it. By faith we move on to what God has next, whether we see that step or not. But if He doesn't want us to move on, then there is a chance that we'd be making a step towards something not in His will.

I guess it's hard to explain, but it's something worth thinking about! I was inspired to write this because of what I heard from someone about moving on with certain friends that don't talk as much, or find someone else they get along with and your friendship sorta fades. Not any of my friends, but of there's. So it got me thinking!!

But yeah. Basically just trust God in EVERYTHING. Haha!