Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Journey.

I took the time to remind myself what brought me to this exact place that I'm at. And trust me, it's a beautiful thing. I know it has made me feel very weak, but this is only because I've used a vast amount of strength that God lovingly gave me. Quite a while back I wrote words about not knowing why I always felt I needed to love you no matter what. And as the year and some odd months passed, I saw the bigger picture. Along the way, God gave me the knowledge that He has promised me something. As I run this race, I am promised a prize. To give up now due to weakness would be a simple action of doubt. I do have the strength to make it to the end, and I will drag myself there if I have to.

Too many people give up before they reach the end. But you asked me, "How do you know you're near the end?" And although it was just a mini conversation on our wondrous walk together, it ran deep for me. I replied telling you, "Because there's a sign. See!" Ahead of us there literally was a sign, in which you made up what was written on said sign. Today as I sit thinking of what we easily talked about, I find it has more meaning than we know. If we look too far ahead, we begin to fear we can't make it. But if we focus on the small steps ahead of us, we'll always make it to our destination. Every step ahead of our last step is a new destination.

What feels like a dead end road to me is simply a road waiting to be created. The wall is waiting to be knocked down for us to enter new grounds. To learn new lessons, and grow more strength to endure new things. The wall between us has simply protected us so we may understand and never enter a journey prematurely. Because of all that we've ever faced, I was able to be challenged. And I've come to really see that I am passing this test.

To love you through everything.

No comments: