Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hungry Eyes.

He stared at me with his hungry eyes and it disgusted me. I felt so misplaced, so uncomfortable. He acted like he was in the right and flashed a smile that pleased me not. I knew what was on his mind and I wish he removed it. He tried to say every right word as well as finding every single thing he can to have in common with me. His effort was pointless, but he kept at it. He acted like he knew exactly what would happen, but yet he knew nothing at all. I had no intention to give in or enjoy what displeased me. I only longed to be somewhere else where I would be a someone instead of a something.

I never dreamed of this before, nor did I desire it in any way. This was something I avoided. I was ashamed for every single starving pair of eyes that ever crossed my path. I knew there was more than this in a sea of fish. I'll patiently dismiss all who only see my face. I crave deep and hard for the one who is capable of traveling into my heart to discover what's genuine. There will be no need to try so very hard, for he will not have to try at all. He will paint smiles on my face quite easily and place laughter upon us. He will scream in a room of silence by doing nothing at all. I will see him walk in and I will know exactly what I had been hoping for. He will be the image that I tried making out years ago--clear and crisp.

And I will love him.

No comments: