Thursday, September 23, 2010

Night's Bride.

It was incredibly bright last night. I was unaware that it was staring at me until I crawled over and lifted the blinds. Upon opening the window, the cool breeze swept me away into a mind daze, where every thought danced their ways around me. I remembered those simple words that were whispered to me quite a long while back. As I gazed long and hard at what shined down on me, I allowed the tiny tears to break through. I'm so very small compared to the colossal world around me. There is so much more than what I can see.

Its light was the very reflection of the sun. For in the night, when all went dark, there was still a light provided for us to see. It caused me to believe we as people could reflect such light to those who got lost in the dark. And all I wanted to be was just like the beautiful diamond in the sky.

One particular soul lives comfortably in the home of my heart, and I want to prove to have built the best place to dwell in. I never want to cease to love, nor do I want to breathe a lie. Where he abides, I shall tend to. I may not have dreamed this years ago, but I find myself greatly thankful. I know this requires the most selfless attitude to persist, but I will swim an entire ocean to do so. I give all my strength to be used for this and all my patience as well. I want to be used until I've done my absolute best. And then some.

The brightness was beautiful to linger on. It was night's bride, so pure and promising. My eyes could dance for hours looking up at the innocence of its existence. It consists of the very light that finds us at dawn. I know of only one thing that proves to be more beautiful: what I chose to shine for.

No comments: