Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Unidentifiable.

You've this way about you that I cannot quite identify yet. Not that I've tried. I ponder upon it every so often, wondering how someone like you can exist in my world. It always somehow felt, if not just subconsciously, like the perfect touch to my life. I remember you when I first discovered your eyes. We were quite young, but we only got younger. Of course, I had no idea what would happen ahead in time. You were just that young man who forced conversation toward me, but I grew to appreciate it. Even if I kept that fact hidden at the time. Perhaps for the first time I felt noticed in a much different way. You gave me something I clandestinely knew I craved.

Trying to explain you is like trying to explain the texture of air. That description merely cannot occur, for it's just something you feel. And maybe that's what this has been this entire time. Maybe you've become like the wind to me. I wish it had an appearance to capture into words, but it does not. I've always wondered if you could tell I've looked into your eyes for more reasons than one. There's a mixture of pain and love, so hard to ignore. I've the willingness to let you go, but the strength I know not. I'd whisper a good-bye and let you go on in that life you live. I might only hold you down and I'm afraid to see you hurt me. I have a fear that you might commit such an action that will break my heart into a million pieces and I try so very hard to erase such a thought. I ignore it quite well though, especially when we're happy.

You serve a purpose in my life and it's the very reason why we ever met. I knew not that our worlds would collide upon our first meet. But the most tender part of my heart is highly glad that it did. For you to see this and feel this would be the only way to transfer the unspoken knowledge I've gained. You have the power to be even better and greater as a human being. And if I am allowed, I'd love to accompany you along your journey through life. Just to see you smile over and over again.

No comments: