Saturday, July 7, 2012

Prepare Yourself!

Dear Future Husband,

You better be prepared for me. I'm pretty scarred up now, but they're healing. I may be hesitant, and struggle with my faith in you. But it's not because I don't trust you, or that I don't believe you'll love me. It's because I'm going to have to learn how it feels to be loved by another human being like I have loved before. I'm a soft heart when I open up and when I find you, I'll be okay with friendship. I want to get to know you the right way, and I want to fight for you.

I cannot determine if we have met, but I simply hope that you discover it's me either way. We will face trials and tests but it will make us so much stronger. We will learn how to love each other until the end, and that excites me. Right now God has asked me to prepare myself, so I must spend some alone time with him before I'm ready for you. But don't worry, I've developed a lot of love inside of me for you. I pray you never give up on me.

I hope you forgive me for anything I gave away that belonged to you. But do know that I have saved a lot of myself for you, and still want to patiently wait for your arrival. I have been distracted for the past few years, but I know that I will be very capable of loving you still. I hope you help me overcome the fears that I developed and that you ease my mood when I am afraid. By that, I mean that I hope you always point me to God when I am down, because He loved me first.

May you be worth every day of the wait. I'll see you soon!

Sincerely,
Stephanie Ann

No comments: