Saturday, December 22, 2012

Another Letter to the FH.

Dear Future Husband,

I remember years ago when I first committed myself to you. I began daydreaming with the most intense details. I imagined you as this amazing person that would be extremely worth the wait. I'd write you letters during class and pray daily that God would protect you. I'd write you poems and dedicate images to you. I didn't even have to know you, I just knew that one day I would and you'd be lovely. I was going to marry you, after all! Now that over six years have passed, I've not forgotten how dedicated I was.

As you'll soon know, I went through a lot of pain eventually. My letters to you dramatically decreased as a new friend came along. I was called to fulfill a purpose though. Maybe in a way that was how God took my mind out of the clouds and into reality because He knew I needed to grow to become the future wife you would deserve. But when I look back, I see that the opportunity for a relationship never rose. Perhaps that was God's way of answering my prayer and I just could never see it that way. Maybe you weren't ready, and He needed to fulfill these past six years in preparing both of us while apart.

I became distracted for years with the giant task I was given, and when I finally came out of it, there was someone place into my life for just a little bit. That person helped me confirm that I was very well capable of loving hard all over again. But they also helped me put all that I previously learned to the test. I guess God needed to test me. For me to understand what I learned, and what it really means to apply it to my life. And that lesson was to be patient, trust God, and not expect certain things in return when we choose to give. Maybe at this point you and I still weren't ready.

But now it is the very end of the year and I feel like I just got a glimpse of you. I've gained more hope than ever that there is indeed someone quite close to what I once could only imagine. And even if this particular person gets removed from my life as well, at least I now know what I'm looking for. I still imagine you to be quite amazing. And one thing is for certain...you will love God and serve Him too. Because that's how I'll find you.

Sincerely,
Your Future Wife

p.s.
I'll be there soon. :)

No comments: