Friday, December 21, 2012

Endings and Beginnings.

Closing a book you've been in for years can be tough. Mainly because you may not know how. But sometimes in order to let go of the past, you have to let go of someone who was in it. Not that it's impossible to move on otherwise, but that the only person you can change is yourself. Sometimes their lack of change can pull you backwards. If I'm reaching toward a goal and walking a path that is complete opposite of them, how will I make it to that goal unless I let go?

Today marks the most silent goodbye I've ever done. It's the day I officially close the book I've read for too long. It needed its ending because the hope of a sequel was crushed years ago. I learned a different lesson though. I learned something entirely different than what I would have imagined. I had a completely different purpose than what I thought years ago.

I am ready now for new beginnings. I realized that I could not reach this point without God putting an end to some other things. The life I have chosen is to live for God, serve only Him, and love others just as I love myself. In this way, I hope to shine my light into the dark world and practice perseverance. I'll never shut anyone out of my life, but I will also not turn around to please them. I must keep walking forward because I cannot afford to go down such a dark path again. Not that I previously tried to, but that I've too often felt broken in the past and I want to be healed.

With this new life I intend to enter will come a new year as well. This New Year is something I'm looking forward to. I want to fully overcome a fear, control my mind more, and live without expecting. Although I have my personal dreams and wants, I understand that everything works together for good for those who trust God. He has a beautiful plan and I intend to discover this plan. This is who I am, merely a pilgrim passing through and I'd like to make a difference somehow.

It's not the end of the world, as we know. But I will say that it has become the end of an old life for me. Time to look ahead and find my new beginnings!

No comments: