Monday, December 17, 2012

I'll Be Waiting STILL.

Dear Future Husband,

I've finally come to the point that I understand why I still needed to wait for you (despite the fact that we've yet to meet). But tonight felt like the finishing touch to a huge part in my life. I didn't know of its ending, as it has many false endings. But tonight marked quite the epilogue to that story. It may not be entirely done, but it is nearly there. What it has prepared me for is to give to you a love deeper than anything you've ever received from another human being. It'll be a love that God has placed inside of me, taught me, and bestowed upon me--for you. I have made a huge promise to Him that I will always love you. When you come, I will highly appreciate you. I will fully give myself to you in marriage, and we will be one.

What I needed to learn before meeting you has been placed inside the intense battle I finally overcame. But as life continues on, I'm quite sure that I could use a sidekick. We could shine our lights together unto the world. Through our story, our lives, and our love, we will show this world that God is still powerful and He is still working. I want to grow in Him with you and have you there during those moments I need a hug.

Darling, I am waiting for you as patiently as I can. I made it this far, I've grown so much, and I'm ready to smile right back at you when you come. I may not know the day or hour, but I know it's soon. God knows what you deserve. A part of me feels like I went through all I went through so that I can also be the exact person He desires you to have. And that warms my heart, to know that I will belong to you because God made me in likeness of you.

This Christmas I've asked God if I could just know you. But either way, I'll be waiting. ♥

Love,
Your Future Wife

No comments: