Thursday, December 20, 2012

Patience.

With the year ending and the new year approaching, I've been trying to remain patient. I know I get sudden urges and split-second feelings of impatience, but I know what I'm waiting for. I know that it'll be worth it in the end. There is no need to envy anyone else around me who already has it. I never have before, no sense in being that way now. Not everyone has the strength to endure as long as I have. Perhaps I should embrace that quality and feel better.

Patience is a really good friend of mine. I've mastered it for quite some time now. I can last loads longer than the average human being when it comes to patience. Not that I have any sort of pride over it, but that it's honestly what I need considering the circumstances I've been given. But I really have God to thank for that. And now I just ask that He grants me a bit more patience to make it through this time that my curiosity grows stronger.

It's not that I'm begging for a relationship. I just have this deep desire to be a helper, just as God brought Adam one when he was lonely. And I imagine that the amount of time it has taken just to become that must mean that it will be utterly special. If it's in proportion to the wait time, it'll be beautiful. I want to make someone feel worth it, special, and exceedingly happy. I know that God will be their joy, but I'd love to share that love with them too. I'd love to remind them daily of their importance and be faithful as ever to someone.

I simply pray now that God will keep me safe and that I will remain patient. I guess you just never know when you're one step away from what you've been waiting for. God only knows if he's waiting for me too. I sincerely hope so though. If I could tell him anything right now, I'd tell him I already love him. ♥

No comments: