Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dear Old Friend,

Dear Old Friend,

It's never easy to say goodbye, but it's a much delayed necessity  You see, you and I are always going to be two people in history that'll share a story not many others can tell. But if we come to accept our differences, a parting must occur. This door must have been waiting to shut as we silently said our last minute goodbyes. And there's always a possibility I will see you again, but until then I must continue on without you. I sincerely hope that someday you will fully see the light that I attempted to show you all these years.

I have been confused, I have been in pain, I have laughed, I have cried, and I have dismissed false hope. But one thing is for certain, that through it all, I have loved you. Maybe you cannot see that it wasn't really I, but God, who loved you. And because of that I will walk away, taking along with me that love, so you will know. If I stay around, it will only bring me down to hear your silence deny the very God who created you and gave you life. But I've done all that I can and it's time for me to let you go completely.

But where endings occur, so do new beginnings. Maybe this is just the next chapter to my life that I've been waiting for. You've wished me happiness--well, I'm going for it. This doesn't mean we can never be friends, but that you must be first willing to be a friend to our Lord Jesus Christ. Because He is who I reflect and who I love, and who I live by. He is who you need in order to find me again. I came to help you, and now my job is done. It is time I move along.

You may not fully understand the need for this goodbye, but someday you just might. You have chosen your path and your lifestyle, and I have chosen mine. I have finished pointing to the direction I desired you to go because my signs went unnoticed. This has only saddened me because I once upon a time wanted to die for you, so that you may have freedom. This saddened me to see you walk the opposite way because I cared for you so dearly much that I wanted the absolute best for you, I just never knew how to tell you.

Well, I'll tell you now in this goodbye letter. God is the only one who can save you from the sin of this world, from the enemy, and from all that is out to get you. God is the only one who can give you peace in dark storms. Until you give your life over to Him, realizing you cannot do this on your own and that you are not perfect, you will continuously live in the dangers of the world alone. You must lose the pride, humble yourself, and hand the wheel over to a God who knows the way better than we ever will.

I've made this decision within myself, to give Him my all. In return, He taught me love, gave me life, and granted me peace and happiness when all looked hopeless. I never needed to look to another human being for comfort, even if I tried. I found it in the silence of a prayer. I hope you can find that someday too.

Someday if we meet again, I hope you remember all that I sacrificed because I truly loved you with my entire heart. Forever and a day.

Love,
Stephanie Ann

No comments: